Nice article, by Dale A. Robbins.
1) Avoid developing unreasonable expectations of the church.
2) Don’t place an absolute trust in people.
3) Focus on common ground.
4) Don’t expect any church to be perfect.
5) Don’t seek to promote yourself or your own agenda.
6) Avoid blaming the church for personal problems.
7) Treat others as you wish to be treated.
8) Have a teachable, cooperative attitude.
9) Don’t oppose or hinder the church.
10) Be committed to forthrightness and truth.
11) Be devoted to love and forgiveness.
12) Don’t get caught up in the offenses of others.
13) Don’t personalize everything that’s preached.
I recommend reading the entire article, because he gives examples of how we can unknowingly violate the above principles. His explanations of a few of the points are not immediately obvious just from reading the headings, are very insightful, and appear to be scripturally based.