A 31-year-old woman died from heart failure due to drinking Coca-Cola says a coroner in New Zealand. However it took six to ten liters a day to do her in. Ten liters of Coke provides 970 mg of caffeine, twice the level of daily consumption that is considered toxic. Also 1 kg of sugar, though the deceased was of normal weight, apparently due to not eating or drinking anything other than Coke. So Coke will kill you if you drink two gallons a day and use it as your only form of nourishment. If the mother of eight and wife of none hadn’t consumed so much Coke, she could have lived another decade or two continuing to smoke thirty cigarettes a day.
“The fact she had her teeth extracted several years before her death because of what her family believed was Coke-induced tooth decay, and the fact that one or more of her children were born without enamel on their teeth, should have been treated by her, and by her family, as a warning.” And let that be a warning to you as well, dear readers.